"depicted" is a subproperty of dc:subject in id.loc.gov:

http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators/dpc.html

(setting is not, but perhaps that is an oversight).

Rebecca

From: Bibliographic Framework Transition Initiative Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Karen Coyle
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BIBFRAME] Authority - Treatment of role data

Fortunately, I don't want or need to use them. But in thinking about encoding subjects in linked data, these add a bit of a challenge. You want to say that they are subjects, but you ALSO want to say that they are "depicted" as a role. However, if "depicted" is only used for subjects, then it could be a sub-property of the subject property. That solves it nicely. If it could be used elsewhere, then the solution isn't as neat. If they are subject relationships then perhaps they don't belong in the "agent" relator list, but in a subject relator list. etc.

kc