From: Data, API, website, and code of the Chronicling America website [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of PIERCE, VIRGINIA [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Has anyone tried loading content in color rather than greyscale?

Hi all,

Has anyone attempted to digitize their non-NDNP content in color and successfully loaded it in the Chronam viewer? NDNP specs call for content to be digitized in greyscale.

For the 3rd leg of a digitization project my department is carrying out, the funder requested that the originals be scanned in color and digitized. Not sure this would work and don’t want to tell my superiors to go through the trouble if it will not show up in color once loaded in the chronam viewer. Nathan Y. shared that he tested loading color content in his VM chronam viewer and it appeared in greyscale.

Any advice on whether this is possible or if the greyscale specs can be altered to load color for non NDNP work?

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Virginia Pierce

South Carolina Digital Newspaper Program

Project Manager

University of South Carolina Libraries

(803) 777-0735

http://library.sc.edu/digital/newspaper/index.html