Hi,

Recent international oil & gas library inquiries/responses that may be of
interest to others...

The online catalog library search for the USGS, Saudi Arabian mission:
https://igsrglib03.er.usgs.gov/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1376495338DLW.919&profile=r&uindex=BAW&term=Geological%20Survey%20(U.S.).%20Saudi%20Arabian%20Mission.&aspect=subtab14&menu=search&source=~!horizon
- sometimes these are cited as more than one series [ USGS Technical
Record, Interagency Reports, USGS Open-File Reports, and(or) USGS
Miscellaneous Maps...] ... and located in different sections within the
library, but physically just one report.

Databases with onsite access from the public computers are listed at:
http://library.usgs.gov/publiceresources.html
Note, many oil and gas research publications are available in the
AAPG/Datapages:  http://archives.datapages.com/data/index.html

Please note, only the USGS Denver library has access to the Lyell
Collection (Geological Society of London):
http://www.lyellcollection.org/search.dtl

The recent USGS Energy Resources Program publications will be available
online at: http://energy.usgs.gov/
example:
Assessment of Undiscovered Conventional Oil and Gas Resources of the
Arabian Peninsula and Zagros Fold Belt, 2012
http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2012/3115/

The USGS Energy Resources Program also has a publications search page,
example: http://energy.usgs.gov/PublicationsAdvancedSearch.aspx

The World Geologic Maps and Datasets:
http://energy.usgs.gov/OilGas/AssessmentsData/WorldPetroleumAssessment/WorldGeologicMaps.aspx

If there is something you need that we have, the Denver Library is "GID" in
OCLC, borrowing information is available at:
http://library.usgs.gov/visitlib.html
[ Please note, if you are not on OCLC, we accept the ALA interlibrary loan
form: http://www.ala.org/tools/libfactsheets/alalibraryfactsheet08#illform ]

Please refer to the following three examples below for the Arabian
Peninsula; please let me know if you seek additional information.

Enjoy the day!
Emily

(1)* MAPS SHOWING GEOLOGY, OIL AND GAS FIELDS AND GEOLOGIC PROVINCES OF THE
ARABIAN PENINSULA*
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1997/ofr-97-470/OF97-470B/

-- the two maps in the OFR are the scanned maps of I-270-A; they are
online, downloadable, and also in an interactive map interface, for
example, here are the titles and links:

Map showing geologic provinces of the Arabian peninsula :
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1997/ofr-97-470/OF97-470B/arabmap.html

Map Showing Oil and Gas Fields and Geological Provinces of the Arabian
Peninsula
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/1997/ofr-97-470/OF97-470B/arabGmap.html

(2)* USGS World Energy Assessment Regions, U.S. Geological Survey Digital
Data Series 60 * http://pubs.usgs.gov/dds/dds-060/
Middle East and North Africa, Region 2:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/dds/dds-060/R2.html#TOP

USGS Oil and Gas, World Energy Assessment information:
http://energy.usgs.gov/OilGas/AssessmentsData/WorldPetroleumAssessment.aspx

(3) *USGS Professional Paper 560: Geology of the Arabian Peninsula: *

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula; shield area of western Saudi Arabia:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560A

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula - Yemen:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560B

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula; Aden Protectorate:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560C

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula; sedimentary geology of Saudi Arabia:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/pp/0560d/report.pdf

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula - Bahrain:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560E

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula; Kuwait:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560F

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula; southwestern Iraq:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560G

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula; Eastern Aden Protectorate and part of
Dhufar: http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560H

Geology of the Arabian Peninsula, Jordan:
http://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/pp560I

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emily Wild
Librarian (Physical Scientist)