Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Thursday, September 5th from
10:00 to 11:15 am for a training session entitled "Legislative History
Research on WestlawNext" part of our series of free training sessions
at the DOI Library.

Thomson Reuters� WestlawNext online legal and legislative database has
quickly become one of the primary online legal research services for
lawyers and legal professionals in the United States. WestlawNext
allows users to access tens of thousands of databases featuring
full-text case law, state and federal statutes, administrative codes,
newspaper and magazine articles, public records, law journals, law
reviews, treatises, legal forms and other information resources.
Attendees to this training program will learn how to use WestlawNext
to find materials needed to help complete a legislative history. These
include materials like the Statutes at Large, Congressional Record,
and House and Senate Reports, all used to find the intent behind a
piece of legislation. This class will be taught by a Westlaw
representative.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in
the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the
following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Please note that this class is also being offered to remote users as a
simultaneous online webinar via WebEx. Please indicate on the online
registration form if you wish to register for WebEx access to the
program.  Attendees wishing to access the webinar have to register
prior to receiving access to WebEx.

You may also contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by
e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program.
 For information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we
encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website
athttp://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.

We hope that you can attend either in person or virtually on September 5th!

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative
Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]