On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Ray Denenberg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Juha Hakala

> If multiple instances of different works have been bound together into

> a single book, they all share the same item record in our present

> bibliographic database. If BIBFRAME conversion follows this model (and

> other solutions will not be practical to us), we'll have one Annotation

> which annotates multiple BIBFRAME works.

If multiple instances of different works have been bound together into a single book, would you not create a new Work

No!

There are all kinds of reasons for things to be bound together. �Some of them make for a new work, but many don't.

Going back to Juha's original point:

The whole "holdings as annotations" thing seems such a stretch from a modeling standpoint that I can't believe people even have to try to talk the spec authors down off that ledge. �Just fix it.

(Juha et al were very polite and political with their message, but from a brash American standpoint, the original premise just seems laughable.)

Tom