Hi David,

Back at it some more.

So we went back to Ubuntu 12.10

1. Followed exact apt-get install instructions.
2. Tested Apache - worked
3. Tested Jetty - worked (after editing the /etc/default/jetty file to put Nostart correct
4. Followed exact Get Chronam instructions
5. Followed exact Configure Solr instructions
6. service jetty start command returns Starting Jetty: FAILED

Luckily remembered this time to make copies of original /etc/default/jetty and /etc/init.d/jetty files

7. Replaced "new" /etc/default/jetty with original.
8. Started Jetty - says it started but not correctly
9. Put "new" /etc/default/jetty (/opt/chronam/conf/jetty-ubuntu) back
10. Replaced "new" /etc/init.d/jetty with original
11. Started Jetty - gives the correct "*Starting Jetty servlet
 engine. jetty..." information.
12. Can access jetty in browser
13. Solr fails - "404 Error - Problem accessing /solr. Reason: NOT_FOUND"

I have witnesses that will swear we had this running at one point. We are following the instructions exactly.

What's next?