I would code it as a subject since the full heading has more info than just a name.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:52 AM, Michael Fox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
There is an encoding situation about which I would like to have a
sense of community practice.

I have a very small collection that includes the typescript of an
individual's recounting of his experience as a member of the U.S. Army
during World War 2.

I have determined that the following access point would be useful for
directing users to this collection:

United States. Army--History--World war, 1939-1945--Personal
reminiscences, American.

The first part of this heading is clearly a corporate name, the
balance a topical subject.

Would you encode this as <corpname> or <subject>?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Michael Fox