Not to comment on the merits of the discussion….
But just to thank you for this delightful Friday reminder of the glories of PDQ Bach!
:-)

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin M Randall
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 10:38 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] NACO Training Materials on CLW page

Chuck, are you saying that the following three access points would be sufficient to identify three different resources:

                Bach, P. D. Q., 1742-1807. Works. Selections

                Bach, P. D. Q., 1742-1807. Works. Selections

                Bach, P. D. Q., 1742-1807. Works. Selections

The first being for "1712 overture & other musical assaults", the second for "A little nightmare music; Octoot; Royal firewater musick"; and the third for "Jekyll & Hyde tour".

Because that's what it looks like you are saying in the sentence "I would be happy with Works. Selections applying to all three of these collections."

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library
(847) 491-2939