Hi.  Iím wondering whether a mark of omission should be included in a title transcription.

Please take a look at CONSER record 2013269609.  The title is transcribed as

Cultura Poližtica de la Democracia en Chile y en las Amežricas, ...

I am really doubtful about that mark of omission.  (The capitalization is actually wrong alsoóit doesnít match the sourceóbut that isnít my point at the moment.)  The mark of omission stands for a date.  The date is not grammatically connected to the title phrase at all, though there is a comma between the phrase and the date, so I guess they are connected in a way.  The source looks like

Cultura Poližtica de la Democracia en Chile

y en las Amežricas, 2012:

Hacia la igualdad de oportunidades

The third line is a subtitle and based on the publisherís history will not be consistent.

Would you use a mark of omission, or simply end the title at ďAmežricas?Ē  Thanks.

Pete Wilson

Heard Library

Vanderbilt Univ.