Metadata Librarians, UC San Diego Library
The UC San Diego Library is looking for two extraordinary and knowledgeable professionals to join our staff in the role of Metadata Librarians. We have one permanent position and one that is temporary, for two years from date of hire.

Each position will work partly in the Metadata Services Program and partly in the Research Data Curation Program.  The positions will help to develop new practices and services for many types of data, as well as preparing them for ingest into our Digital Asset Management Systems (DAMS).  The temporary position will focus primarily on research data sets, and the permanent position will focus primarily on digital library objects.

Both positions will also work closely with staff in the Digital Library Program and in Information Technology Services to achieve our library-wide goal of developing and delivering a robust and high quality discovery and management tool for digital objects.

In addition to experience with metadata analysis and support, the successful applicant will need an MLS or equivalent; knowledge of the issues and trends in metadata standards and their application; working knowledge of cataloging principles; experience working with a digital access management system or digital repository; excellent problem solving and organizational skills; and an aptitude for complex analytical and detailed work.

See http://libraries.ucsd.edu/about/jobs/librarian/index.html#rdcs-4 for complete details.  Salary and level of appointment in the Librarian series commensurate with qualifications and experience.  Application consideration begins October 16, 2013.  Apply with cover letter, resume, and names of three persons who are knowledgeable about your qualifications for these positions at to https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF00434.  AA/EOE

Linda Barnhart
Director, Metadata Services
UC San Diego Library
858-534-6759