Just thinking out loud...

I'm not an expert at doing post work after digitizing, but if the
print-through artifact is prior to the recorded subject (because the
tape was stored heads out), is there a way anyone on this list deals
with print-through with digital post processing, when the artifact
trails the recording? (tape stored tails out). If so, can the wave file
just be reversed, then the processing applied on the reversed (backward)
wave file and after processing, just reverse the file? I'm sure it's not
as simple as that because the human voice trails off to a volume level
that is most likely less than the volume level of the print through, but
I'm just throwing this crazy idea out there for consideration....

John Schroth