I saw this briefly at AES, but the Tascam guy was more interested in talking about how Gibson has
bought a major stake in Tascam, so he didn't play the card of interest to me:
http://tascam.com/product/da-3000/

Looks like it records only to flash media, but then you can dump the files onto a connected USB hard
drive. I'm not clear from the text on this page if it plays DSD files or only records them??? I
think this is very competitive, feature-wise, to the Korg DSD recorders.

My take is, I'd want USB connectivity to a computer, so I could use it as a connected ADC/DAC and
record to the hard drive. This feature may have been impossible at a $1k price tag.

-- Tom Fine