On 10/27/2013 1:32 PM, Ellis Burman wrote:
> That makes sense mathematically.  But for some reason, my ears tell me
> otherwise.  I seem to prefer gear with wider bandwidth and faster transient
> response.  I do also like tube gear though, which is probably an oxymoron.

My experience with these chips is that you can't just plop them into a
circuit. In order to perform up to their sonic capability they need a
low-impedance, well-decoupled power supply, and careful attention to
grounding, which they almost never get. Also, the trick of forcing the
output section into single-ended Class-A operation, by using a current
sink (my preference) or a resistor to V- (Focusrite does this on some of
their cheaper gear) makes a world of difference with this family of ICs.

Peace,
Paul