From:  Dave Cawley
Dartmouth  United Kingdom

This thread seems to be about a HiFi amplifier, its subjective performance and its measurements ?  I think I have got that right ?

To be honest I believe Stereophile have the right balance, except for one thing, and that is the long term listening experience.  Use it for two weeks and then substitute say a Mcintosh, I think the difference might then be obvious.  That is assuming that listener fatigue had not set in very soon anyway !

My philosophy is :

"if it measures well and sounds good, then it is good"  :  "if it measures badly and sounds bad then it is bad"  :  "if it measures badly and sounds good, then it could be improved"  :  "if it measures well but sounds bad then it is bad"    Dave Cawley

In this case I think the manufacturer would have been wise to specify the amplifier correctly, and maybe put a spin on how the triode drove the MOSFETs ?

Regards

Dave