All,

In case anyone's wondering, Sony's PlayStation 4 will not support SACD nor
Audio CD despite being designed for BluRay disc playback:

(quote)

*Will I be able to watch Blu-ray movies on the PS4 system?*
Yes, you will need to download and install the PS4 systemís day-one system
software update 1.50, and then activate your Blu-ray Disc video capability
with a one-time activation through the internet in order to play Blu-ray
Disc films and DVD video content.

*Can I listen to audio CDs using the PS4 system?*
No, the PS4 system does not support audio CDs.

(end quote)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/10/30/playstation-4-the-ultimate-faq/#sect1

This is in contrast to SACD support in previous PlayStations and
audiophiles who swear the original PlayStation was one of the best CD
players out there.  I once pulled out my brother's PS1 to check it out, and
while good, I wasn't blown away w/the quality with the interface being less
than ideal..

Jim