*Community and Fundamentals*

*Twitter: #sladc*

*DC/SLA Open House and Volunteer Appreciation Celebration*

*Sponsored by Bloomberg BNA, ACS Publications, and LAC Group
*

Our Volunteers have made 2013 another fabulous year for DC/SLA! It's time
we recognize them for all their hard work and celebrate how engaged our
library community is!

Join us for DC/SLA's Open House and Volunteer Appreciation Celebration!
Whether  you're a new member, have been a member for years, or you're
considering joining, this is one event you won't want to miss! Our
committees and groups will be staffing tables providing attendees with info
about all the amazing work they do and more information on how to get
involved. Every DC/SLA volunteer in attendance will be recognized for their
contributions. We'll have plenty of food, alcohol, raffles, and prizes for
attendees.

As an added bonus not only is the event *FREE to EVERYONE* but for the
first time ever you'll have a chance to learn about the DC/SLA Community by
playing* DC/SLA Family Feud*. After we've had time to network we'll host
several rounds of *DC/SLA Family Feud* where teams of attendees work
together for a chance to earn even more raffle tickets!

If you haven't had a chance yet our *DC/SLA Family Feud Survey *is still
Live! Take a few minutes to chime in on the survey at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/dcfamilyfeud

*When: *Thursday, October 24, 6:00 - 8:00 pm

*Location: Bloomberg BNA *1801 South Bell Street, Arlington VA

*Closest Metro Station:* Crystal City (Blue, YellowLines)

*Price:*  *Free to Everyone!!
*

*Register: http://dc.sla.org/events/?regevent_action=register&event_id=258
*

*Questions contact:* Chris Vestal at [log in to unmask]

--
Christopher M. Vestal
Government Consultant, LexisNexis

Guybrarian1 <https://twitter.com/Guybrarian1> on Twitter

*Like DC/SLA on Facebook* <https://www.facebook.com/DcSla>

*Follow DC/SLA on Twitter* <https://twitter.com/sladc>

*Find LexisNexis for Government on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/LexisNexisforGovernment>
 *
**
"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." --Ernestine Ulmer