From: Wild, Emily <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Subject: Re: [GEONET] Geo-related data repositories at your home institutions
To: Geonet listserv <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding; it was out of my control...and we
are all very happy to be back.

I did not see that anyone cited this in the response e-mails, so it
may be of interest:

Our database of the databases (and datasets) for the U.S. Geological
Survey (USGS) are in USGS ScienceBase:
https://www.sciencebase.gov/catalog/

Tutorial videos:
video #1 - http://gallery.usgs.gov/videos/659
video #2 - http://gallery.usgs.gov/videos/669
video #3 - http://gallery.usgs.gov/videos/461

Example Project: http://gallery.usgs.gov/videos/729

Publications, advanced search:
https://www.sciencebase.gov/catalog/items/queryForm?facetTermLevelLimit=false&q=&filter0=browseCategory%3DPublication&

Communities: https://www.sciencebase.gov/catalog/community/list

As of October 1, 2013, the USGS Library is administratively part of
the USGS Core Science Analytics and Synthesis (CSAS) group;
http://www.usgs.gov/core_science_systems/csas/index.html
-- still within the USGS Core Science Systems (CSS) part of the USGS:
http://www.usgs.gov/core_science_systems/

USGS CSAS supports USGS Data Management:
http://www.usgs.gov/datamanagement/index.php
- for example, USGS Data Management, Preservation:
http://www.usgs.gov/datamanagement/preserve.php

Also, USGS CSAS is part of DataONE:
http://www.usgs.gov/core_science_systems/csas/dataone.html

Selected examples, information about "Big Data" from the U.S. Geological Survey:
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=3152&from=rss_home
http://www.usgs.gov/core_science_systems/access/summer_2012/article-1.html
http://www.usgs.gov/core_science_systems/access/summer_2013/article-7.html
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=3566&from=rss_home

Thank you for your patience as databases and web sites go back online.

See you soon here in Denver at the Geological Society of America meeting : )
Enjoy the day,
Emily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emily Wild