Good morning,

The NSF Library is currently evaluating its layout and usage of space, and we were considering creating a study/meeting room that would provide library patrons with a quiet space to work or hold small meetings.

Most of the federal libraries' public websites didn't mention whether or not study/meeting rooms were present, so I was hoping that I could gather some information here.  If anyone could take the time to answer the following questions, it would be very helpful to our efforts:

1.        Does your library offer study/meeting rooms?
If yes:

2.       How is the study room furnished?  (Desk, table & chairs, etc.)

3.       How often are the meeting rooms used by library patrons (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)?

4.       Do you feel that a meeting/study room is a valuable part of your library's services?  Explain.

5.       Any other thoughts or comments?

Please send any responses to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  Thank you very much!

Grace Troxel, MSLS | Librarian (Contractor)
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Blvd., Room 225
Arlington, VA 22230
OIRM/DAS