The NSF Library is currently evaluating its layout and usage of space, and we were considering creating a study/meeting room that would provide library patrons with a quiet space to work or hold small meetings.
Most of the federal libraries’ public websites didn’t mention whether or not study/meeting rooms were present, so I was hoping that I could gather some information here. If anyone could take the time to answer the following questions, it would be very helpful to our efforts:
1. Does your library offer study/meeting rooms?
2. How is the study room furnished? (Desk, table & chairs, etc.)
3. How often are the meeting rooms used by library patrons (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.)?
4. Do you feel that a meeting/study room is a valuable part of your library’s services? Explain.
5. Any other thoughts or comments?
Please send any responses to [log in to unmask]. Thank you very much!
Grace Troxel, MSLS | Librarian (Contractor)
National Science Foundation
4201 Wilson Blvd., Room 225
Arlington, VA 22230