Yes, here in WI we'd certainly be very interested.   I was planning to propose a related project in the near future for our state, part of which would be related to the literary side of the maps some of us have been talking about.  I see it as a way to involve some of our grad students here (Univ. of Wisconsin - Milwaukee) with more tech-oriented undergrads in a collaboration with our Wisconsin Center for the Book.   My initial idea has been to develop a prototype that could attract grant support to develop something that could serve as a model for other affiliate programs.  Perhaps something like a geographic info system platform with a clear interface that could be used by other states.  Who knows -- maybe it could develop into a regional or national platform that could be used by state affiliates to capture the unique features of their own literary/publishing communities while still existing platform that would allow a group of states (or more) to present their data in a consistent way.

So yes, we'd be interested!

Tom (Walker)

From: "Mary Menzel" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 7, 2013 6:26:57 PM
Subject: webinar re literary maps?

Dear all,

It seems as though many of us are interested in moving forward with literary maps, and I have a few questions:

1.  After the Ideas Exchange and after our last webinar, there was some talk that the information from DC by the Book (including software details) was going to be disseminated.  I can't find anything in my emails; did I miss it?  It's been known to happen!

2.  Are people interested in having another CFB webinar on this topic?  We'd have to be sure that DC and other knowledgeable people were involved.  Any interest?

Thank you all,
Mary