On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

>  If you are not sure of your analog playback equipment, your skills as a
> transfer engineer, and your A-D chain, I highly recommend you outsource the
> transfer to a professional audio engineer with top-notch playback
> equipment. In the end, it will save you money and heartache.

Amen!  A top-notch engineer with top-notch equipment and experience will be
able to make a better transfer.  For a single tape, the transfer would not
be too costly, so if you really care about not damaging it, and you want
the best possible fidelity, then send it to someone who's passionate about
it.

Ellis Burman