Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=111). The server is probably not started. LISTSERV 16.0 - ARSCLIST Archives

At the beginning of the article, there's a note that some figures are
removed because they won't print right.  The author says he will send them
on request.
John Haley