I gave up Winamp when I got my programmable (net web sites among other features) Yamaha tuner/amp.  It's so immediate with my favorites coming up in relative Hi-Fi sound in my studio.  Even my new sub-woofer shines.

________________________________
 From: Jim Sam <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 3:46 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] RIP: Winamp

A bit of Friday afternoon reading for anyone like me that missed it.
Yesterday, AOL announced they were going to cease support of Winamp.
Yes, I realize I just wrote AOL and Winamp in the same sentence in
2013.  Sad day in that that program was genius for its time (and its
lack of complexity and battery wasting background tasks is something
to be wanted still), but times change.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/digital-culture/a-requiem-for-winamp-the-best-mp3-player-ever-made/article15564491/