I've never seen one of my CDs warped - my earliest CDs were purchased in 1982 and they play fine.  However, one set I purchased, the complete Caruso recordings on Victor, completely self-destructed while I wasn't watching;  I think the problem was blamed on the label, a replica of the early Red Seal Bat Wing.

db