From: Lisa Wood
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Repair of Broken Record

Hello,

A record was sent to us in the mail and even with very careful packing
it arrived in four pieces.  The breaks are clean and the record appears
to be in excellent condition otherwise.  I called a local recording
studio we often use to transfer recordings.  They said that they thought
it was possible to pull recordings from broken discs, but it is not
something that they can do.  In addition to the recording, the disc also
has artifactual value and I would like to have it in one piece again.
Cost will definitely be an issue in terms of getting it repaired and
transferred.  Also, shipping it again seems a bad idea.  Any suggestions
on how to proceed are appreciated.

Sincerely,

Lisa

Lisa Wood

Curator for Visual Resources / History Services Unit Manager

Ohio Historical Society

800 E. 17th Ave.

Columbus, OH 43211

614-297-2544