WHAT:  Our students bring with them the very latest tools in information management, web design and development, as well as organizational, communication and technical skills - not to mention a high level of energy! They are seeking challenging, professional-level projects. In the past, students have worked to...

 *   develop internal library systems
 *   perform research and analysis on information policy topics
 *   update websites
 *   perform usability analysis
 *   develop and implement social media solutions
 *   among many other projects.

View a listing of projects offered during ASB 2013<http://asb13.cms.si.umich.edu/projects>.

WHEN:  Monday, March 3 through Friday, March 7, 2014

WHERE:  We partner with nonprofit, cultural, government and educational institutions in Chicago, Detroit, New York and Washington, D.C. Students will travel to you!

HOW:  Host organizations submit projects related to the areas that are being studied at UMSI. Often, these projects are technology or information management-related work that staff members don't have the time, knowledge or resources to complete. Ideal projects include archives and records management, human-computer interaction (usability), social media tools development, information policy research and analysis, data/information analysis and retrieval, and other information management issues.

COST:  Completely free! All of our students' expenses are fully funded.

Here's what past participating organizations have said:

"All SI students I've met have been amazing: they not only are smart but their ethic of work and professional approaches are impeccable."

"We find that each student we've hosted has brought a new wealth of information. They are always great to work with and really inject life into our work."

To learn more about participating as a host organization, contact Katie Dunn at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or (734) 615-5066<tel:%28734%29%20615-5066> or visit our website at www.si.umich.edu/careers/alternative-spring-break<http://www.si.umich.edu/careers/alternative-spring-break>.

Also, feel free to share this opportunity by forwarding this message to any nonprofit, educational, government or cultural organizations that might be interested in participating. I look forward to hearing from you!

Katie

__
Katie Dunn, Career Counselor
3360 North Quad | 105 South State Street | Ann Arbor, MI 48109
(734) 615-5066<tel:%28734%29%20615-5066> | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>