Hi Everyone -

I would like to invite you to a special event at the DOI Library on
Thursday, December 5th from 12:00 pm to 1:45 pm as we will be hosting an
exclusive screening and discussion of a recently produced film entitled *Green
Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for Our Time*.

*Green Fire; *produced by the Aldo Leopold Foundation, U.S. Forest Service,
and the Center for Humans and Nature; is a film that highlights legendary
conservationist Aldo Leopold’s extraordinary career.  “Aldo Leopold’s
legacy lives on today…,” said Aldo Leopold Foundation Executive Director
Buddy Huffaker.  “What is exciting about Green Fire is that it is more than
just a documentary about Aldo Leopold; it also explores the influence his
ideas have had in shaping the conservation movement as we know it today by
highlighting some really inspiring people and organizations doing great
work to connect people and the natural world in ways that even Leopold
might not have imagined.”

Please join us and the Interior Department's Office of Youth, Partnerships,
and Service for this screening and facilitated discussion.  Participants
will reflect on Leopold’s sense of “community” and the “land ethic” as they
apply to the federal government's science and stewardship mission.

The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C
Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  You may also contact the Library by
phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more
information about this event.  For information about future DOI
Library programs,
we encourage you to visit our website at
http://www.doi.gov/library<http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/speaker.cfm>
.

We look forward to seeing you on December 5th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]