Hi Everyone -

I would like to invite you to a special event at the DOI Library on Thursday, December 5th from 12:00 pm to 1:45 pm as we will be hosting an exclusive screening and discussion of a recently produced film entitled Green Fire: Aldo Leopold and a Land Ethic for Our Time.

Green Fire; produced by the Aldo Leopold Foundation, U.S. Forest Service, and the Center for Humans and Nature; is a film that highlights legendary conservationist Aldo Leopold’s extraordinary career.  “Aldo Leopold’s legacy lives on today…,” said Aldo Leopold Foundation Executive Director Buddy Huffaker.  “What is exciting about Green Fire is that it is more than just a documentary about Aldo Leopold; it also explores the influence his ideas have had in shaping the conservation movement as we know it today by highlighting some really inspiring people and organizations doing great work to connect people and the natural world in ways that even Leopold might not have imagined.”

Please join us and the Interior Department's Office of Youth, Partnerships, and Service for this screening and facilitated discussion.  Participants will reflect on Leopold’s sense of “community” and the “land ethic” as they apply to the federal government's science and stewardship mission.

The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  You may also contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this event.  For information about future DOI Library programs, we encourage you to visit our website at http://www.doi.gov/library.

We look forward to seeing you on December 5th!

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796