Job Title:Supervisory Librarian
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:PG-14-LMo-978784
$89,033.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year
Tuesday, November 05, 2013 to Tuesday, November 12, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Vacancy ID: 978784
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service. If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
This position is located at the Washington DC VA Medical Center in Washington DC. The primary purpose of this position is to develop, manage, and direct an extensive local library program and provide information and reference support to clinical and nursing programs and committees.
Major duties and responsibilities include:
· Develop and maintain a clinical librarianship program.
· Work with physicians, nurses and other staffing clinical settings and in routine clinical conferences.
· Present reports to provide patient-specific information.
· Function as a resource to clinicians by searching medical databases to identify and retrieve knowledge-based information, answer questions and resolve controversies in diagnosis and treatment, clarify clinical decisions, making decisions regarding the best course of care, and educating on rare medical conditions.
· Use knowledge of evidence-based practice and sources to provide highly-specific, case-related medical literature which contributes to quality patient care, as well as quality clinical education for medical students, residents, and clinical staff.
· Provide instruction to physicians and nurses in MEDLINE and other health-related databases.
· Serve as a member of interdisciplinary, hospital-wide committees and acts as a consultant providing information that is relevant to the work, concerns and consideration of the committees.
· Develop communications and marketing materials for library services and resources.
· Meet with teams and committees to present information about library resources and services and how they can be used most effectively.
· Establish access to electronic resources.
· Manage technical changes to electronic resources to preempt resource access problems and responds to patron’s access issues in a timely manner.
· Develop, acquire and maintain tools for the management of electronic resources, such as Electronic Resource Management (ERM) systems, link technologies, discovery services, and authentication systems.
· Develop and maintain library’s Intranet and applicability to library services.
· Implements new technologies.
· Other related duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
***RELOCATION EXPENSES AND/OR INCENTIVES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED***