Native by Native 2013
Native American History Month
Library of Congress

Taino, Aztec and the Maya: Native American Art and Culture in the Jay I. Kislak Collection

Tuesday, November 5th, 12:00 noon, in the Kislack Exhibit, 2nd Floor, Jefferson Building Great Hall
A presentation by John Hessler, Curator, Jay I. Kislak Collection for the History of the Early Americas
Sponsored by the LC Jay I. Kislak Collection Contact, John Hessler (202) 707-7223 [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Deaf Native Americans: Organization, Culture and Experience
Thursday, November 14th, 2013, 12:00 Noon in the Law Library, Multipurpose Room LM 240, Madison Building
A presentation by Judy Stout, Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina
Sponsored by the LC Deaf Association Contact Pete Richey, (202)559-5128 [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Native American Veterans: In Their Own Voices
Wednesday, November 20th, 2013  11:00 am in the Montpelier Room, 6th Floor, Madison Building
Bob Patrick, Director of Veteran's History Project will provide an overview of the archiving of interviews with Native American veterans, stories including Code Talkers, Thunderbirds and local interviews housed at the Library of Congress. The program will feature VHP interviews with local Native American Veterans.
Sponsored by the LC Veterans History Project Contact Owen Rogers, (202) 707-2057 [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Sponsored by
LC Native American Employees and Colleagues 2013 Planning Committee - Kristi Dane at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  (202) 707-8861
LC Office of Opportunity, Inclusiveness and Compliance - Eric Eldritch, ADA Coordinator, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Request ADA accommodations five business days in advance at (202) 707-6362 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>