Colleagues - NLM has two GS 14 (salary range from $105,211 to $136,771 including locality pay per annum) openings posted today on USAJobs<http://www.usajobs.gov>.  Please see links below for both positions and pass on to interested contacts.  Both vacancies are posted for five days; this is our standard practice.

We are seeking candidates for Head, Collection Access Section and Head, Preservation Section.  Visit: Careers @ NLM<http://www.nlm.nih.gov/careers/careers.html> to discover more information about our mission, our dynamic team and what it is like to work at the world's largest biomedical library, located on the NIH campus in Bethesda, MD.

Please contact Martha Fishel, Chief, Public Services Division at 301.496.5501 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with questions regarding either opening.

The Head of the Collection Access Section is responsible for:

  *   Managing NLM's offsite document delivery operations including all associated contract activity;
  *   Managing NLM Onsite document delivery services to patrons in the main Reading Room, including oversight of contract activity to support patron copying and printing;
  *   Overseeing the development of DOCLINE, NLM's automated request routing and order referral system for medical libraries;
  *   Managing an automated document request monitoring and delivery system for NLM's interlibrary loan activity (Relais);
  *   Managing customer services operations for referred inquiries regarding DOCLINE, interlibrary loan and onsite collection access services; and
  *   Assisting in testing new NLM products and services that affect circulation, bibliographic searching, interlibrary loan and document delivery.

See Announcement:  NIH-NLM-DE-14-987316 (Head, Collection Access Section
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/354635400 (Announcement for all candidates
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/354635100 (Announcemens for candidates with federal status).

The Head of the Preservation and Collection Management Section is responsible for preserving and managing NLM's collections including:

  *   Binding and book repair;
  *   Shelving and shifting collections;
  *   Space planning for collections;
  *   Disaster prevention and response;
  *   Environmental monitoring;
  *   Audiovisual duplication;
  *   Collection digitization and digital preservation; and
  *   Staff training in careful handling of library materials

See Announcement:  NIH-NLM-DE-14-989579 (Head, Preservation and Collection Management Section)
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/354691800 (Announcement for all candidates)

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/354676000 (Announcement for candidates with federal status)

Deirdre Clarkin
Deputy Chief, Public Services Division