Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, November 20th from 2:00 pm to 3:15 pm for a training session entitled "Useful Federal Resources on the Web," part of our series of free Training Sessions at the DOI Library.

While the Internet can be a great resource for federal documents, it is often difficult to know what trustworthy sites to go in order to find the official materials that you are looking for. Many websites proclaiming themselves to be an authoritative source for federal government information actually have out of date or just factually incorrect information. Finding those that are relevant and reliable can often be a difficult task. Join Interior Library Head of Reference Services Jennifer Klang on this tour of valuable and reliable sources of federal information on the Internet. Websites from the Library of Congress, the Government Printing Office, the University of Oklahoma, and the U.S. Census Bureau will be among those featured in this course. Designed for both the beginning and advanced searcher, attendees will learn about resources for scientific reports, legislative documents, statistical information, Native American documents, and other useful items.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in Washington.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Unfortunately, this class will not be offered remotely via webinar.

You may contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] for more information about this program.  For information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/training.cfm.  For additional information pertaining to the full range of Library services available to DOI employees and the public, visit the Library’s website at: http://www.doi.gov/library.

We hope to see you on November 20th!

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services (OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796