From: "Les Hawkins" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:04:27 PM
Subject: [PCCTG1] Please help us make two decisions for Module 31

Hello Editors and reviewers,

The group working on Module 31 issued a new report this week with two final questions that need resolution. The report, on the icohere website and attached to this message addresses these two issues:

1.) Whether or not to collapse records for print versions which, if being created under current practices, would constitute minor changes

2.) Integrated entry for serials, should the practice suggested in LC-PCC PS 2.3.7.3 be continued?

Both of these issues fall under 31.17.

I think that the proposal on collapsing records is in line with the discussion we had at OpCo in 2013.

If we decide not to continue the integrated entry practice in LC-PCC PS 2.3.7.3, we will request that this policy statement be removed.

I am interested in hearing from everyone by Monday December 2, 2013 with a yes or no to incorporating the proposals submitted by the group into Module 31. Additional comments on the proposals are also welcome.

It is ok to reply on or off the list, but if you reply off the list, please reply to three of us: Beth Thornton, [log in to unmask] chair of the group, Hien, and me.

Sorry for the short turn around on this but if we can give the final version to the Catalogers desktop staff by Dec. 6th, 2013, it should make issue 1 of Desktop in 2014.

Thanks everyone for your work on the CCM! --Les