From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ed Jones
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCTG1] Please help us make two decisions for Module 31

(1)    Creating a single record for an online manifestation when multiple successive records were created for the corresponding print manifestation under earlier cataloging rules. From a FRBR (and presumably BIBFRAME) perspective, it's hard to see how this will work. Will the multiple print manifestations be somehow treated as component parts of the same work/expression as the online manifestation? It may be more pragmatic to collapse the print.

(2)    Creating multiple records for an online manifestation when multiple successive records would be created for the corresponding print manifestations. From a FRBR (and presumably BIBFRAME) perspective, I have no trouble with this in the world as it currently exists. (Of course, even as I type this, I can feel the earth shifting beneath my feet.)
So I guess that's "no" on 1 and "yes" on 2.
Ed