 Subject: [ARSCLIST] Wonderful new web resources
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Thursday, 5 December, 2013, 1:27

 I don't recall reading an
 announcement of this here. If I'm mistaken I hope
 you'll agree that it's well worth a new mention.

 The great Media History Project that scans media serials for
 the Internet
 Archive, and provides a handy front end for them, has added
 runs of Talking
 Machine World; the 1896 Phonoscope; and the Edison
 Phonograph Monthly to
 its already rich holdings.

 http://mediahistoryproject.org/broadcasting/

 Congrats and thanks to David Pierce (author of the important
 and
 just-published survey of extant silent films) and his team,
 and the staff
 of the LC Recorded Sound Reference Center.

 Have fun. My apologies to your families.

 Sam Brylawski