I'm trying tofocus on the earliest electricals by Victor and HMV , up to Nov. 1925 only.

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Michael Biel
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Record equalization

By the mid 1930s broadcast turntables such as the RCA 70 series had "compensators" with several specific settings.  By 1937 and 38 RCA had added Orthocoustic to both their recording and playback equipment, and the National Association of Broadcasters set up their NAB curve.  How much theser specific curves were applied to the commercial records -- especially Victor for the former and Columbia for the latter, that might also be known by Nick Bergh.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]