Kate Theimer of ArchivesNext has graciously let me use her blog to respond
to a post on the blog of AVPreserve.com, an archival audiovisual
preservation firm in NY. The original post, entitled "Does the Creation of
EAD Finding Aids Inhibit Archival Activities?" made the argument that
creating EAD finding aids is a waste of resources for making audiovisual
archives accessible.

I ignored the post when it went up in May, but when it was highlighted in
AVPreserve's recent newsletter, I started getting e-mails from colleagues
who knew about our current CLIR project
(http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/projects/clir) involving processing and
AV archives. So I finally took the bait.

Here's my response, in case anyone has an interest:

http://www.archivesnext.com/?p=3617

Megan McShea
Audiovisual Archivist
Archives of American Art