AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Lori A. Sylvester
Email: [log in to unmask]
Job Title:Librarian (Medical Sciences)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:EA-MPA-13-1009133
$57,408.00 to $74,628.00 / Per Year
Thursday, December 19, 2013 to Friday, January 03, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
WHO MAY APPLY:
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Public Trust - Background Investigation
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1009133
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The first Area of Consideration (AOC) will be given to NAGE (permanent employees), Topeka, KS (including current Veteran Canteen Service who have served on a permanent appointment for 90 days or more). The second, AOC will be given to any additional permanent employees of EKHCS. The third AOC will be status eligible to include special appointment authorities.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
This position is located in the Education Service Line and is responsible for supporting education, training, and continuing professional development of all health care personnel employed at VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and maintain knowledge-based systems and services relevant to the organization's needs.
· Prepare reports including statistical summaries, usage review, inventories, current listing, and other reports.
· Search and evaluate health care literature.
· Develop and carry out plans to promote information resources and knowledge services to diverse populations.
· Ensure compliance with Copyright legislation as applicable.
· Produce, select, and/or organize decision support related knowledge based content on the organization's intra-net and internet web pages.
· Actively participate in formal orientation sessions for new professionals, managerial staff and students.
· Maintain professional affiliations in order to keep abreast of library developments and trends, of developments advancements in the technical and medical audiovisual field, and of publishers, book dealers, and audiovisual procedures.
· Manage the knowledge services by developing a budget for the organization efficiently and effectively, within delegated financial limits.
· Locate sources of supply and full bibliographic information (e.g., author, title, publisher, edition, series, and date) and costs
· Ensure new editions or volumes of priority texts and references, including hard copy and online, are ordered upon publication.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Position Description Title/PD#: Librarian (Medical Sciences) / 03662-0
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.