A press release from one of the FEDLINK vendors, SWETS Information Services, SW.

Jim Oliver

FEDLINK Vendor Services

PRESS RELEASE

Runnemede, New Jersey

December 4, 2013

Swets announces new programs available in Decision Support in Medicine (DSM)

Swets, in partnership with Decision Support in Medicine, LLC., is happy to announce the release of several new specialty programs now available in its point of care solution, Decision Support in Medicine. The newest programs available include Drugs, Endocrinology& Metabolism and Hospital Infection Control.

“We’re thrilled to see a growing number of prestigious physicians and medical professionals getting on board with DSM,” said Jose Luis Andrade, President of Swets Americas. “The expertise that these individuals bring to the table will affect major impact and influence on medical professionals utilizing DSM as their point of care solution.”

The Drugs program was edited by B. Joseph Guglielmo, PharmD, an international expert in the evidence-based use of antimicrobials to treat infections. He has served as dean of UCSF School of Pharmacy since April 2013, where he holds the Troy C. Daniels Distinguished Professorship in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Guglielmo is also a professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy, which he chaired from 2006 until he was named dean, and serves as the associate director of pharmaceutical services in the UCSF Medical Center.

The Endocrinology & Metabolism program was edited by Clifford Rosen, MD, Director of Clinical and Translational Research and Senior Scientist at Maine Medical Center's Research Institute, along with several notable associate editors. His current positions also include Adjunct Staff Scientist at the Jackson Laboratory and Professor of Medicine at Tufts University School of Medicine. Dr. Rosen is the founder and Former Director of the Maine Center for Osteoporosis Research and Education. He was the first Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Clinical Densitometry, is the current Editor-in-Chief of The Primer in Metabolic Bone Diseases, and has recently begun a term as Associate Editor for JCEM.

Richard P. Wenzel, MD (along with Dr. Gonzalo Bearman) led the compilation of the Hospital Infection Control program. Dr. Wenzel is a nationally recognized expert on antibiotic resistance and its impact. Dr. Wenzel served as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Internal Medicine at the VCU Medical Center from 1995-2009 and was President of MCV Physicians, the clinical practice plan for more than 600 physicians from 2003-2008. He is the Author of more than 500 publications, the editor of five textbooks and the lead editor of A Guide for Infection Control in the Hospital.

For more information call (800)645-6595 or email us at [log in to unmask].

About Swets

Swets is the global market leader in managing professional information. We develop and deliver innovating services that enable the use of knowledge to its full extent. From more than twenty offices around the world we actively serve clients and publishers in over 160 countries. Our active role in today’s complex information marketplace has led E-Content Magazine to award us regularly in their annual “100 Companies that Matter Most in the Digital Content Industry.” We are the only information agent to be ISO 9001:2008 certified on a global basis, which pays testament to our stringent operation and client service procedures. For more information on Swets see our website, watch our videos or follow us on Google+, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.