On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Ford, Kevin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The BIBFRAME Editor is still a little too rough around the edges to open
> up yet.  It would raise more elementary questions ("Why doesn’t this link
> work?") versus more constructive ones ("Doing X is interesting, but might
> it be better to do Y?").
>

> We plan to deliver a functioning demo installation so anyone can try the
> editor in the next few months.  We will also make the code available at the
> same time.

Since Bibframe and its supporting code is being developed  in the open with
collaborative involvement from the community, perhaps just provide a link
to the source repository when the development is being done (Github?).
 That will self-select tire-kickers to those who can build and install it
themselves and they'll be able to understand the current state of play.
 Less technically savvy interested parties will at least be able to follow
along to monitor the level of activity, change history, etc.

That could offer a nice way to meet both sets of needs.

Tom