Technical Information Specialist GS-11/12
Announcement no: DEU-14-1024516-AF
· Manages transformations of heterogeneous metadata from a variety of sources for ingest into NAL's repository by analyzing source data and documenting cross-walks between source data and NAL's MODS schema.
· Develops, designs, adapts, tests and maintains XML schemas and XSLT stylesheets.
· Develops, implements, and executes quality control mechanisms.
· Identifies and troubleshoots problems with production and developmental transformations.
· Monitors global developments in metadata standards, creation, management, and indexing.
· Maintains current knowledge of theory and best practices, and recommends adjustments in local practice where appropriate.
· Creating technical documentation and procedures for an agency's metadata process, including crosswalks, local metadata schema, etc.;
· Monitoring developments in metadata creation, management, and indexing, maintaining current knowledge of theory and practice, and recommends adjustments in local practice where appropriate;
· Training and education of internal staff and external parties on issues related to multiple varieties of metadata, including MODS, Dublin Core, RDF ontologies, XML, XSLT, PREMIS, EAD, etc.; and
· Communicating with publishers or other metadata suppliers regarding agency metadata standards and appropriate Document Type Definitions (DTD).
· Working with metadata suppliers and internal/external staff to set up ftp access for suppliers to upload metadata or set up appropriate email submission procedures;
· Providing quality control of metadata in internal and/or external metadata data stores.
For complete announcement details, see https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/358749200
Librarian/Special Assistant to the Director
National Agricultural Library
Acquisitions and Metadata Branch
10301 Baltimore Avenue, Rm G-13
Beltsville, MD 20705