Hi Ed,

Thanks so much for your reply! I’d love to come over. J Is there a time late next week that would work for you? My schedule is pretty clear next Wednesday-Friday. Thanks so much!

David

From: Data, API, website, and code of the Chronicling America website [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Summers, Ed
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Omeka and Chronicling America

Hi David,

Thanks for writing and using the discussion list for its intended purpose :-)

There isn't an OAI-PMH endpoint built into Chronicling America. Even if there was it probably wouldn't help you since it sounds like you are interested in loading Lincoln related material, not all 6.6 million pages of newspaper content.

That being said I think it would be relatively easy to write a script that uses Chronicling Amreica's API to search for lincoln related material and generate a CSV that you could load into Omeka using the csv-import plugin [1].

Since you are local to DC perhaps you could stop by LC sometime and we could walk through how that might work? Or we can hash it out here on list. Let me know what you would prefer.

//Ed

[1] http://omeka.org/add-ons/plugins/csv-import/