Justin,

First of all, I should clarify that my finding aids are being displayed in
CONTENTdm. We have modified their stylesheets to do what we need.

What I was trying to describe was this:
When I do have a value in the sponsor field ("Processing of this collection
was funded by a grant from..."), everything in the <archdesc> is left
justified like this:

This is exactly how I want it to display. However, when I removed <sponsor>
altogether from my xml file, the stylesheet centers the <archdesc> like
this:

So I tried Nathan's suggestion of adding an "if" statement, and it worked
(<archdesc> is left justified), but the heading "Sponsor:" still shows with
no information after it as below:

I hope you can see these screen shots. Working with CONTENTdm has been a
bear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tamara

Tamara Gaydos, CA
NHPRC Grant Project Manager and Manuscript Processor
Phillips Library | Peabody Essex Museum
East India Square | Salem, MA 01970