On Jan 7, 2014, at 3:36 PM, Ethan Gruber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You could ask the SNAC project for some samples.  Here's a very rudimentary XSLT stylesheet to get you started:https://github.com/ewg118/xEAC/blob/master/ui/xslt/linked_data/eac-to-rdf.xsl

Alas, I tried to use this stylesheet against the sampled data from RAMP to no avail. The stylesheet matches on /content/config/url to get a URL, but there are no content sections in the sample data. The stylesheet also includes the liberal use of eac: namespace, but the sample data does not include that either. (XSL is not my greatest forte.)

The creation of any sort of serialized RDF and subsequent linked data imlpementation of the EAC-CPF files would be boon to the archival community. Additional parts would need to be put in place though, like a “cool” interface enabling archivists to “automatically” insert EAC-CPF URIs into their EAD files (or content management systems).

How is EAC-CPF intended to be similar or different from VIAF?

—
Eric Morgan