Dear colleagues,

A very warm and happy new year to you (most especially those of you experiencing extreme weather!),

I am pleased to announce that OCLC Research is offering another webinar that may be of interest on, EAC tools and “remixing” archival metadata coming up THIS THURSDAY, January 9th. This webinar is free and available to all. We also have made the recording of the December 5th Thresholds for Discovery Webinar available online. Please feel free to share this information broadly! Details below.

All the best for a happy, healthy, New Year!

Merrilee

Learn more about creating and editing EAC-CPF records and remixing archival metadata in 9 January TAI CHI webinar

Attend Beyond EAD: Tools for Creating and Editing EAC-CPF Records and “Remixing” Archival Metadata on 9 January from 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST to view demonstrations of xEAC and RAMP, two tools that will help archivists and librarians explore new possibilities for name authority work, moving beyond the boundaries of traditional archival metadata. Presenters include Ethan Gruber, Web and Database Developer for the American Numismatic Society; Tim Thompson, Metadata Librarian at the University of Miami Libraries; and Allison Jai O'Dell, Special Collections Cataloging & Metadata Librarian at the University of Miami Libraries.

This webinar, part of our Technical Advances for Innovation in Cultural Heritage Institutions (TAI CHI) webinar series, is free and open to all but advanced registration is required. Register to attend or see our website for complete details.

"Achieving Thresholds for Discovery" webinar recording and related resources now available

Watch this webinar recording online, on YouTube or in iTunes for details about changes institutions can make to their Encoded Archival Description (EAD) practices to improve the discoverability of their materials. See the Achieving Thresholds for Discovery webinar page for more information, including links to the slides and related materials.

This was the 14th webinar in the OCLC Research Technical Advances for Innovation in Cultural Heritage Institutions (TAI CHI) webinar series, the goal of which is to highlight specific innovative applications, often locally developed, that libraries, museums and archives may find effective in their own environments, as well as to teach technical staff new technologies and skills.

Merrilee Proffitt, Senior Program Officer
OCLC Research
777 Mariners Island Blvd Suite 550
San Mateo, CA 94404 USA
+1-650-287-2136