Hi Everyone -

Due to the possibility that the inclement weather affecting the Washington,
DC area today may cause federal government offices to delay opening
tomorrow morning, the DOI Library is cancelling the Training Session
entitled "Compiling a Federal Legislative History: A Step-by-Step Example
for Advanced Researchers" that was scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday,
January 22nd at 10:00 am.

We are rescheduling this program for next Wednesday, January 29th at 10:00
am in the DOI Library.  We do hope that you will be able to make it to the
DOI Library on January 29th for this program.

To register for the rescheduled program on January 29th, please go to the
following link:

*https://docs.google.com/a/ios.doi.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0
<https://docs.google.com/a/ios.doi.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0>*

We apologize for tomorrow's cancellation and hope to see you on January
29th.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

George

George Franchois
Director - U.S. Dept. of the Interior Library
Office of the Secretary - Office of Facilities and Administrative Services
(OFAS)
1849 C Street, NW, MS 1151
Washington, DC 20240
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (202) 208-3796
Fax: (202) 208-6773
Library URL: http://www.doi.gov/library
OFAS URL: http://www.doi.gov/ofas

Franchois,George [log in to unmask]

                                             Jan 13 (8 days ago)
DOI Library Training Session - "Compiling a Federal Legislative History: A
Step-by-Step Example for Advanced Researchers" - Wednesday, January 22nd,
10:00 am
Hi Everyone -

I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, January 22nd from 10:00 am
to 12:00 pm for a training session entitled "Compiling a Federal
Legislative History: A Step-by-Step Example for Advanced Researchers" part
of our series of free training sessions at the DOI Library.

In order to find the legislative intent of a bill or public law,
researchers need to compile reports, testimony, debate, and other materials
related to that piece of legislation to find keys as to what Congress hoped
to accomplish by passing the bill. The final compilation of all these
materials provides the researcher with a "legislative history" of the bill
or law in question and hopefully will answer the question of what Congress
intended with this legislation. Those familiar with legislative history
research who are interested in learning advanced processes used in
compiling a federal legislative history will find this program invaluable.
A specific Public Law will be the focus of a step-by-step piecing together
of a legislative history, using print resources such as the U.S. Statutes
at Large, Congressional Record, and U.S. Congressional Serial Set. Online
sources of federal legislative history information will also be
highlighted. This program will be conducted by DOI Law Librarian Maureen
Booth and Reference Librarian Shyamalika Ghoshal.

All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
Washington.  Space for the program is limited so please go to the following
link to register:

https://docs.google.com/a/nbc.gov/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDVHQUhwT3h4aVJURm14VVV0amR6SlE6MA#gid=0

Please note that this class is not being offered as a simultaneous online
webinar.

You may also contact the Library by phone at (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at
[log in to unmask] for more information about this program.  For
information about future DOI Library Training Sessions, we encourage you to
visit our Training Sessions website at http://www.doi.gov/library/programs/
training.cfm.

We hope to see you on January 22nd!