AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
VHA Nationwide DEU
Email: [log in to unmask]
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:VN-14-AKJ-1021640
$47,448.00 to $61,678.00 / Per Year
Thursday, January 02, 2014 to Wednesday, January 08, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - Term NTE 1 YEAR & 1 D
1 vacancy in the following location:
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Vacancy ID: 1021640
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln’s promise – “To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan” – by serving and honoring the men and women who are America’s Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs employees who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who served our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your Country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans. The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.
The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define “who we are,” our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence (“I CARE”).
America's Veterans need you! To find out more, go to http://www.va.gov/jobs/.
NOTE : This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 1 year and 1 day). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration. Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition.
This position serves as the Librarian/Bibliographer in the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Resource Center, located at the Executive Division of the National Center for PTSD, VA Medical Center, White River Junction, VT. The Librarian/Bibliographer assists the Information Scientist in preparing the Published International Literature on Traumatic Stress (PILOTS) Database, and performs other duties to facilitate the dissemination of information on PTSD to the facilities and programs of the Department of Veteran Affairs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Reading and comprehending medical, scientific, and social science literature;
· Providing PTSD clinicians, researchers, and policy makers worldwide with information on published studies of PTSD;
· Identifying the principal bibliographical elements of printed and electronic documents in English and other languages;
· Using computer hardware and software;
· Locating materials in an academic library environment;
· Understanding of the purpose of controlled vocabulary in the indexing of scientific or social science literature;
· Using the thesauri and authority lists in assigning terms to describe the subject content of documents;
· Using the Internet and the World Wide Web for electronic mail, file transfer, and interactive applications (including remote database searching and downloading);
· Performing simple searches in internal and external online catalogs and bibliographical databases, including OCLL, MEDLINE, and PsycLIT; and
· Establishing and maintaining procedures for the identification, selection, acquisition, and indexing of literature for the PILOTS Database and for bibliographical publications.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, from 8:00am - 4:30pm.