I believe a 4XX for the old heading should always be added now.  Surely this also applies to AACR2-compatible (008/10=d) and pre-AACR2 (008/10=a or b) headings.

http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/naco/personnamefaq.html#13

John Hostage

Senior Continuing Resources Cataloger //

Harvard Library--Information and Technical Services //

Langdell Hall 194 //

Cambridge, MA 02138

+(1)(617) 495-3974 (voice)

+(1)(617) 496-4409 (fax)

This particular record got flagged automatically to receive a 667 note, because the Fixed Field for Rules is coded d, indicating that it was a pre-AACR record. All records with "d" in the Rules Fixed Field were flagged in this way; they were all automatic candidates for review and possible changes in order to conform to RDA. There are many others like them still in the NAF, awaiting human review.

In the meantime, I see that a helpful NACO colleague has already upgraded the record to RDA, so the problem with this particular record is solved.