Greetings Archie Green Union:

As you may know, the American Folklife Center has been collaborating with the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture on a five-year Civil Rights History Project.  Mandated by Congress, the project has recorded interviews with over a 100 participants in the Civil Rights Movement and conducted a national inventory of civil rights archival collections.  We are now in our fifth and final year and have scheduled a series of lectures and roundtable discussions over the next several months.  We will also be bringing a web-based portal featuring the interviews online in the next couple of weeks. Please check out the following link below which will give you the most up to date schedule for events surrounding the rollout of the website and programs.

For DC residents and visitors, we hope you will join us when you can.  We will also be sure to let you know when the Civil Rights site goes live.

http://www.loc.gov/folklife/civilrights/events/schedule.html

With best wishes, Betsy

Elizabeth Peterson
Director, American Folklife Center