  From the articles on the web, no need to panic - the EXPEDIT line is being replaced by a KALLAX series - almost
exactly the same, except the wide side panels have been narrowed.  I have not seen any statement about
weight limits or any change to the interior of the shelving, nor any price information (hopefully they
may lower the price).
    http://consumerist.com/2014/02/20/ikea-to-record-collectors-dont-freak-out-about-the-death-of-expedit-shelves/
    http://gizmodo.com/heres-why-ikea-is-discontinuing-everyones-favorite-sh-1527126312
  The following article shows an 8x8 cubicle unit which has collapsed - Anyone done something to prevent this (e.g. add bracing,
brackets, etc.)  Having one end against a wall would prevent collapse in that direction, but it seems it
could fall the other way......
    http://www.street-tease.com/frais/2276-ikea-ce-serait-une-erreur-de-supprimer-l-expedit-dj-vinyles.html
  Best wishes, Thomas.

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mark Shakarjian
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2014 4:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Record (LP) shelving

Well, that's not good news. I had just bought one of the Expedit shelving units last year. I needed something to put more LPs in.
So I bought one that had 8 cubbies.
I like it. I went to the Ikea store to check it out and it was fairly solid. The price wasn't outrageous either. Now I actually
need more space and I want another one. I'll have to make sure I get over there soon. The last time I was there they were out of
some models. Maybe with the change-over they won't replenish stock.

Mark Shakarjian

Sent from a device you don't need to know about